- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
i. Metals replace hydrogen from dilute acids, whereas non-metals do not.
>ii. Carbonate and sulphide ores are usually converted into oxides during the process of extraction.
i. Metals are electropositive in nature. They readily lose electrons. These electrons reduce the protons liberated from the acid to liberate hydrogen gas, whereas non-metals possess a tendency to gain electrons and hence they do not furnish electrons to protons liberated from acids. Hence H2 gas is not liberated.
ii. As it is easier to reduce metal oxides to metal, prior to reduction, metal sulphides and carbonates must be converted to oxides.
- Welding Techniques for Different Types of Metals
- Which is the biggest market for precious metals in India?
- How is milk converted into curd?
- What type of boys girls are usually attract to?
- Give the examples of a context free language that are not regular?
- Give 5 reasons why should I quit non-veg and be a vegan?
- How do working with acids can have a bad effect on the nervous system?
- Atomic Hydrogen Arc Welding – Working, Advantages, Disadvantages and Applications
- Adding records with REPLACE INTO to mimic DELETE and INSERT
- What are the >> and << operators in Python?
- How do you clinically differentiate syndromic obesity from non-syndromic obesity?
- What does the >> operator do in Python?
- Difference Between MySql <> NULL and IS NOT NULL?
- Differentiate between Earnings per share (EPS) and dilute Earnings per share (D-EPS).
- Why does tea give after taste and what to do to avoid it?