- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give an example each for the mixture having the following characteristics. Suggest a suitable method to separate the components of these mixtures.
(a) A volatile and a non-volatile component
(b) Two volatile components with appreciable difference in boiling points
(c) Two immiscible liquids
(d) One of the components changes directly from solid to gaseous state
(e) Two or more colored constituents soluble in some solvent.
|Characteristics||Examples||Method of separation|
|(a) A volatile and a non-volatile component||Mixture of acetone and water.||Distillation|
|(b) Two volatile components with appreciable difference in boiling points||Mixture of petrol and kerosene||Distillation|
|(c) Two immiscible liquids||Mixture of oil and water||Fractional distillation|
|(d) One of the components changes directly from solid to gaseous state||Mixture of naphthalene and ammonium chloride||Sublimation|
|(e) Two or more colored constituents soluble in some solvent.||Different colour of ink|| Chromatography|
- Related Articles
- What is the difference between Volatile and Non-Volatile substances?
- Why do we need to separate different components of a mixture? Give two examples.
- Difference between Volatile Memory and Non-Volatile Memory
- Volatile Storage vs Non-Volatile Storage
- Name the process used to separate heavier and lighter components of a mixture.
- To separate two miscible liquids by fractional distillation, it should have one of the following conditions :(a) should be miscible (b) should be immiscible(c) the difference in the boiling point should be less than 25 K(d) none of these
- What are 'Volatile' and 'Non-volatile' substances?
- Explain volatile and restrict type qualifiers in C with an example
- Give two examples each for a solid, liquid and gaseous fuel along with some important uses.
- You are provided with a mixture of petroleum and water. Can you suggest a method to separate the two?
- (a) Define an ecosystem. Give examples of any two ecosystems.(b) List the biotic and abiotic components of an ecosystem.
- (a) What is a mixture? Give two example of mixtures.(b) What is meant by (i) homogeneous mixtures, and (ii) heterogeneous mixtures?Give two examples of homogeneous mixtures and two of heterogeneous mixtures.(c) What is the other name of homogeneous mixtures?
- Give two examples each of:(a) solid fuels(b) liquid fuels(c) gaseous fuels
- How will you separate all the components of a mixture of sand and salt in water?
- How to create an invisible fixed width component between two components in Java?