- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give a definition for each of the following terms. Are there other terms that need to be defined first? What are they, and how might you define them?
(i) parallel lines
(ii) perpendicular lines
(iii) line segment
(iv) radius of a circle
We have to give the definition for each of the given terms and also the other terms that are needed to be defined first.
Yes, there are other terms and point which are needed to be defined first before we define the given terms.
Line: Line can defined as collection of points that has only length and no breadth. A line can be extended indefinitely on both sides.
Plane: a plane is a flat, two-dimensional surface that extends indefinitely in which geometric figures can be drawn.
Point: In geometry, point is a location represented by small dot, it has no length no breadth.
Circle: In geometry, a circle is a collection of all points in a plane which are at a constant distance (radius) from a fixed point (centre).
(i) In geometry, parallel lines can be defined as two lines in the same plane that are at equal distance from each other and never meet.
(ii) In geometry, perpendicular lines can be defined as two lines which intersect each other in a plane at right angles to each other.
(iii) In geometry, a line segment is a part of a line that is bounded by two distinct end-points, and contains every point on the line between its endpoints.
(iv) In geometry, radius of a circle can be defined as any point on the circumference of the circle to the center of the circle.
(v) In geometry, a square is a quadrilateral in which all the four sides are equal and also has four right angles.
- Find the Number of quadruples where the first three terms are in AP and last three terms are in GP using C++
- What are the situations that give you goosebumps?
- What are some social media terms I need to know now?
- What are the related terms for Privacy in Information Security?
- Define the terms acquisition, takeover, merger and amalgamation
- What are some Information Security Terms?
- What are the terms used in Merger & Acquisition?
- What are FIRST and FOLLOW and how they are computed?
- Basic Terms in Electrical Machine and their Definition
- What are the basic terms used in cryptography in information security?
- What are the terms consent, free consent, coercion, undue influence, fraud and misrepresentation?
- How many types of Result Sets are there in JDBC What are they?
- Why are there two Irelands? What are they called independently?
- What are A-shares and how are they traded?
- What do the terms copay, Coinsurance and Deductibles mean?
- What are various basic stock trading terms in financial markets?