Get Trading: Master Line Break Technical Analysis Charts
For Stocks, Forex, Indices, Commodities and Cryptocurrency Trading & Strategies
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Would you like to learn about a chart type that helps you to spot reversals, makes the 'trend' more obvious and helps add 'consistency' to your trading & investing?!
Calling the turn (reversals), when trading any financial market, is a notoriously difficult thing to achieve with any given consistency. There are thousands of different technical analysis tools and techniques that try to give you this edge. One of the best and most simple I’ve come across is the Line Break chart.
Line Break charts, due to the evolution of trading and technical analysis software packages can be made into very successful trading strategies and a great accompaniment to your general market analysis.
WHAT IS A LINE BREAK?
The line break is a very useful Japanese style chart configuration that takes out a lot of the guess work from calculating turning points and understanding the trend in a chart. It works across all assets and time frames.
The Line Break chart, like its Japanese cousins the Renko chart and Kagi chart, ignores time and only updates when prices move by a certain criteria. It's a fascinating and unique approach to technical analysis that I think can't be ignored.
This is a course for all levels of ability - beginners through to the more experienced interested in learning about another unique concept from the world of Japanese technical analysis.
It is relevant to many different styles of trading e.g. day, scalping, trend following, swing trading etc.
Great for creating 'discipline' and a 'systematic' approach to your trading.
You will learn how to master this chart type, be able to enhance it further and be able to construct your own trading strategies around the Line Break chart concept.
What will you learn in this course:
- You'll learn how to master a unique tool in Technical Analysis - Japanese Line Break charts.
- You'll learn how to utilise these charts to give your trading an edge and put the odds of success more on your side!
- Line Break charts will also help sort out your bad trading psychology, add discipline and help you create a more systematic approach to your trading.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- The course is for all abilities, but a prior knowledge of Technical Analysis and trading would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will need a Technical Analysis charting package that allows you to utilise Japanese charts such as Line Break and add indicators and tools on top of these charts.
- If you don't have this, don't worry we can point you in the right direction within the course (the free intro Section 1 covers this).
- If you just want to learn about new methods of applying Line Break charts for purely educational purposes and don't want to apply it practically then you wont need a Technical Analysis charting package.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- 1.1 Introduction 12:17 12:17
2.0 What Are Line Break Charts?
Section 3 : Strengthening the predictive power of your Line Break charts
Section 4 : Trading Line Break Charts
Section 5 : Line Break Course Round Up
Stephen HoadTHE STOP HUNTER
Stephen Hoad BA (Hons) MSc MSTA
An algorithmic, quantitative, technical analyst trader who founded THE STOP HUNTER, a financial markets trading, fund, training, FinTech company, in 2015. He has 25+ years global financial markets experience as a PM, proprietary trader, options trader, quantitative analyst and senior risk manager. He is now the CIO of his own fund.
He has previously held senior roles at Koch Industries, Merrill Lynch, WestLB and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities, where he specialised in commodities, technical analysis, systematic/automated trading, derivatives products, financial & quantitative theory and risk management.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now