- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Galvanisation is a method of protecting iron from rusting by coating with a thin layer of
Correct Answer: (c) Zinc
Explanation: Galvanisation is a method of protecting iron from rusting by coating it with a thin layer of zinc.
- Related Articles
- Galvanization is a method of protecting iron from rusting by coating it with a thin layer ofsilvergaliumzincaluminium
- Which of the following methods is suitable for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting?Applying paintApplying greaseApplying a coating of zincall of these
- Galvanisation is a process used to prevent the rusting of which of the following?IronZincAluminiumCopper
- Which of the following methods is suitable for preventing an iron frying pan from rusting?Applying grease Applying paint.Applying a coating of zincAll the above.
- What is rusting of Iron?
- How can be rusting of iron is a chemical change?
- Why is a layer of zinc coated over iron?
- What is the formula of rusting of iron?
- Explain how painting of the iron gate prevents it from rusting?
- Explain how painting of an iron gate prevents it from rusting.
- Which metal is used to galvanize iron to protect it from rusting?
- What is meant by ‘rusting of iron’? With the help of labelled diagrams, describe an activity to find out the conditions under which iron rusts.
- Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:(a) The corrosion of iron is called _______. (b) _______ and _______ are necessary for the rusting of iron. (c) The process of depositing a thin layer of zinc on iron articles is called _______. (d) Tiffin boxes are electroplated with _______ but car bumpers are electroplated with _______ to protect them from rusting. (e) The corrosion of copper produces a _______ coating of basic copper carbonate on its surface. (j) Brass is an alloy of copper and _______. (g) Bronze is an alloy of copper and _______. (h) The non-metal present in steel is _______. (i) The alloy in which one of the metals is mercury is called an _______. (j) The electrical conductivity and melting point of an alloy is _______ than that of pure metals. (k) The rocky material found with ores is called _______.
- State two conditions for the rusting of iron.
- Why do we need to paint iron objects?Is rusting of iron is Reversible change or Irreversible?