- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Following is the choice of sweets of 30 students of Class VI.
Ladoo, Barfi, Ladoo, Jalebi, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo, Barfi, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Jalebi, Jalebi, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Ladoo, Barfi, Rasgulla, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Rasgulla, Ladoo, Rasgulla, Jalebi, Ladoo.
(a) Arrange the names of sweets in a table using tally marks.
(b) Which sweet is preferred by most of the students?
We have to
(a) Arrange the names of sweets in a table using tally marks.(b) Find the sweet that is preferred by most of the students.
(a) The required tally marks table is as follows
|Sweets||Tally Marks||Number of students|
(b) The sweet preferred by most of the students is Ladoo.
- Related Articles
- In a Mathematics test, the following marks were obtained by 40 students. Arrange these marks in a table using tally marks.(a) Find how many students obtained marks equal to or more than \( 7 . \)(b) How many students obtained marks below 4?"
- In a class A of 25 students, 20 passed with \( 60 \% \) or more marks; in another class B of 30 students, 24 passed with \( 60 \% \) or more marks. In which class was a greater fraction of students getting with \( 60 \% \) or more marks?
- Following is the frequency distribution table for the marks obtained by $40$ students of a class in a test.(a) What is the class size?(b) What is the lower limit of intervals whose frequency is $6 ?$(c) What is the class mark of class $20-30 ?$"\n
- The distribution below gives the weight of 30 students of a class. Find the median weight of the students.
- The marks obtained by 10 students in a test are $60,72,70,64,56,52,71,54,62,59$. Find the mean marks of the students. Find the mean marks of the students if 6 extra marks are given to each student.
- In Class 7, 48 students passed out of 70 students. What is the percentage of students passed?
- A 2 kg box of sweets costs ruppees 68. What will be the cost of a 5 kg box of sweets?
- The following table gives the number of boys of a particular age in a class of 40 students. Calculate the mean age of the students.Age (in years):151617181920No. of students:38101054.
- The following is the distribution of height of students of a certain class in a certain city:Height (in cms):160-162163-165166-168169-171172-174No. of students:1511814212718Find the average height of maximum number of students.
- Total number of students of a school in different years is shown in the following table YearsNumber of students19964001998535200047220026002004623A. Prepare a pictograph of students using one symbol to represent 100 students and answer the following questions:(a) How many symbols represent total number of students in the year 2002?(b) How many symbols represent total number of students for the year 1998?B. Prepare another pictograph of students using any other symbol each representing 50 students. Which pictograph do you find more informative?"
- What is the meaning of tally marks?
- Following table shows the birth month of 40 students of class IX.\n
- Out of 30 students in a class, 6 like football, 12 like cricket and remaining like tennis. Find the ratio of(a) Number of students liking football to number of students liking tennis.(b) Number of students liking cricket to total number of students."
- Afsana divides some sweets among A and B in the ratio 8:13. If B gets 520 sweets, how many sweets will A get?
- In a class of 30 students, the number of girls is one-fifth of the number of boys. How many boys are there in the class?