- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Find out the letters of English alphabet or any other language known to you in which the image formed in a plane mirror appears exactly like the letter itself. Discuss your findings.
To find out the letters of the English alphabet or any other language known to us in which the image formed in a plane mirror appears exactly like the letter itself.
Some letters of the alphabet produce exactly the same image in a plane mirror. These images are without lateral inversion. Let us know a little about lateral inversion before finding such letters whose images in a plane mirror are not laterally inverted.
When the English alphabet letters are kept in front of the mirror, their images are formed vertically inverted. This phenomenon is called 'lateral inversion'.
Images without Lateral inversion:
Some letters of the English alphabet such as A, H, I, M, O, T, U, V, W, X, and Y form images that exactly look like the original letter. Such images are vertically symmetric.
In other words, we can say that when such letters of the English alphabet that are vertically symmetric are kept in front of a plane mirror form their images without lateral inversion.
If the letters A, U, O, X and T are cut in the middle, then It is observed that the right halves are equivalent to the left halves of the letters as shown in the figure below:
Therefore, if letters such as A, H, I, M, O, T, U, V, W, X, and Y are placed in front of a plane mirror, images will be produced that will exactly look like the original alphabet without any lateral inversion as shown in the figure below:
- Find mirror image of a point in 2-D plane in C++
- Find the element that appears once in an array where every other element appears twice in C++
- Print the Mirror Image of Sine-Wave Pattern in C
- How will you find out all the indexes which are built in a particular DB2 table?
- Program to find out the minimum path to deliver all letters in Python
- C++ Program to find out the moves to read a point from another point in a 2D plane
- Which MySQL function can be used to find out the length of the string in bits?
- Find the number of distinct pairs of vertices which have a distance of exactly k in a tree in Python
- Build Array Where You Can Find The Maximum Exactly K Comparisons in C++
- Design a PDA which recognizes the language
- Find out the GCD of two numbers using while loop in C language
- Python Program to find out the number of rooms in which a prize can be hidden
- Create a mirror image with CSS
- Sum of the mirror image nodes of a complete binary tree in an inorder way in C++