- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Find a cubic polynomial with the sum, sum of the product of its zeroes taken two at a time, and the product of its zeroes as $2, -7, -14$ respectively.
Sum, sum of the product of zeros taken two at a time, and product of the zeros are $2$, $-7$ and $-14$ respectively.
We have to find the cubic polynomial which satisfies the given conditions.
We know that,
The standard form of a cubic polynomial is $ax^3+bx^2+cx+d$, where a, b, c and d are constants and $a≠0$.
It can also be written with respect to its relationship between the zeros as,
$f(x) = k[x^3 – (sum\ of\ roots)x^2 + (sum\ of\ products\ of\ roots\ taken\ two\ at\ a\ time)x – (product\ of\ roots)]$
Where, k is any non-zero real number.
$f(x) = k[x^3 – (2)x^2 + (-7)x – (-14)]$
$f(x) = k [x^3 – 2x^2 – 7x + 14]$
where, k is any non-zero real number is the required cubic polynomial.
- Find the number of zeroes using C++
- How to find the sum product of two matrix by row in R?
- Find two numbers with sum and product both same as N in C++
- Evaluate a 2-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x and y in Python
- Padding the beginning of a MySQL INT field with zeroes?
- Subtract the Product and Sum of Digits of an Integer in C++
- C++ program to find two numbers with sum and product both same as N
- Find two numbers with sum and product both same as N in C++ Program
- Evaluate a 2-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x and y with 3d array of coefficient in Python
- Evaluate a 2-D polynomial on the Cartesian product of x and y with 1d array of coefficient in Python
- Find sum of a number and its maximum prime factor in C++
- Product of N with its largest odd digit in C
- Absolute difference between sum and product of roots of a quartic equation?
- Maximum sum and product of the M consecutive digits in a number in C++