- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words.
(i) Small pieces of stone can be removed from rice by_____.
(ii)____ are obtained from stalks by threshing.
(iii) Husk from wheat flour is generally removed by______.
(iv) The process of settling of heavier particles is called_____.
(v) Filtration is helpful in separating an insoluble_______from a______.
(i) Small pieces of stone can be removed from rice by handpicking.
(ii) Grains are obtained from stalks by threshing.
(iii) Husk from wheat flour is generally removed by seiving.
(iv) The process of settling of heavier particles is called sedimentation.
(v) Filtration is helpful in separating an insoluble solid from a liquid.
- Related Articles
- What is the process by which the skin is removed from the fleece of Sheep?
- Name and describe briefly a method which can be helpful in separating a mixture of husk from grains. What is the principle of this method?
- Explain the method that can be used for separating the following mixture:(i) Sand and husk(ii) Wheat, sugar and stalk(iii) Water and petrol(iv) Rice and salt(v) Sand and salt
- Fill in the blanks:(a) The method of separating seeds of paddy from its stalks is called -------.(b) When milk cooled after boiling is poured onto a piece of cloth, the cream (malai) is left behind on it. This process of separating cream from milk is an example of --------.(c) Salt is obtained from seawater by the process of ---------(d) Impurities settled at the bottom when muddy water was kept overnight in a bucket. The clear water was then poured off from the top. The process of separation used in this example is called
- Fill in the blanks:1. Silk and wool are _________ products.2. The world's finest wool is extracted from _________ sheep.3. During the process of shearing _________ is removed.4. Silk is known as _________.5. _________ hatches from the egg of Moth.
- Fill in the blanks:(a) The method of separating the seeds of paddy from their stalks is called ______.(b) When milk, cooled after boiling, is poured onto a piece of cloth, the cream (malai) is left behind on it. This process of separating cream from milk is an example of ______.(c) Salt is obtained from sea water by the process of ____________ .(d) Impurities settled at the bottom when muddy water was kept overnight in a bucket. The clear water was then poured off from the top. The process of separation used in this example is called ____________.
- State whether the following statements are true or false.(a) A mixture of oil and water can be separated by filtration.(b) Water can be separated from salt by evaporation.(c) A mixture of wheat grains and wheat flour can be separated by sieving.(d) A mixture of iron filings and rice flour can be separated by magnet.(e) A mixture of wheat grains and rice flakes can be separated by winnowing.(f) A mixture of tea leaves and milk can be separated by decantation.
- Fill in the blanks.$(i)$. Air around us exerts____.$(ii)$. The moving air is called_____.$(iii)$. The main cause of wind movement is uneven ____ on the earth.$(iv)$. High speed wind can cause cyclone in regions of _____pressure.
- How will be the world if currency(money) is removed from our lives?
- True or false?(a) A mixture of milk and water can be separated by filtration.(b) A mixture of powdered salt and sugar can be separated by the process of winnowing.(c) Separation of sugar from tea can be done with filtration.(d) Grain and husk can be separated through the process of decantation.
- What is the name of the process in which thickened uterus lining along with blood vessels is removed from the body of a human female through vaginal bleeding?
- How is the fleece removed from the sheep's body?
- Fill in the blanks:$(i)$. Our body is a ________ of electricity.$(ii)$. An electric cell produces electricity from the ________ in it.$(iii)$. In an electric circuit a fuse is a ________ to prevent possible fire.$(iv)$. A combination of two or more cells is called a ________.
- Which of the following is the correct set of apparatus to separate common salt and sand by filtration process : (1) I (2) II (3) III (4) IV"\n