- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fill in the blanks in the given passage.
The rainwater and _____ from other sources such as rivers and ponds seeps through the _____ and fills the empty spaces and cracks deep below the ground. The process of seeping of water into the ground is called _____.
The rainwater and water from other sources such as rivers and ponds seeps through the soil and fills the empty spaces and cracks deep below the ground. The process of seeping of water into the ground is called infiltration.
- Related Articles
- Fill in the blanks with the appropriate answers:(a) People obtain groundwater through _______ and ________.(b) Three forms of water are solid, _______ and __________.(c) The water bearing layer of the earth is __________.(d) The process of water seepage into the ground is called _________.
- What is the name of the process in which rainwater falling on the earth is stopped from flowing and made to percolate into the ground?
- Some definitions are given below which can be corrected by changing one word. Correct them.(a) Aquifer is groundwater stored between layers of hard rock above the water table.(b) The process of evaporation of water in the ground is called infiltration.(c) The evaporation of water from oceans and its arrival back into oceans is called vapour cycle.
- State whether the following statements are true or False. If false, give the correct statement.(a) The process of seeping of water into ground is called filtration.(b) 51% of the earth’s surface is covered with water.(c) Year 2003 was observed as the International Year of Freshwater.(d) Snow and ice both are solid forms of water.
- The microorganisms present in the soil require moisture (water) and nutrients for growth and survival. Choose from the options below the habitat (place) where the soil has plenty of water and nutrients.DesertForestOpen fieldCricket ground
- Which of the following inhibits the seepage of rainwater into ground?A pukka floorPlaygroundGrass lawnForest land
- Fill in the blanks:The mixture of solute and solvent is called as ______.
- Choose the correct option. The total water(i) in the lakes and rivers of the world remains constant.(ii) under the ground remains constant.(iii) in the seas and oceans of the world remains constant.(iv) of the world remains constant.
- What are the advantages of water stored in the ground?
- Bholu and Golu are playing on the ground. They start running from the same point A in the ground and reach point B at the same time by following the paths marked 1 and 2 respectively as shown in figure.Which of the following is/are true for the given situation ?As compared to Golu
- Fill in the blanks selecting words from, the following list.snow, rain, clouds, vapour, evaporation, transpiration.Water, as ______ goes into atmosphere by the processes of _____ and _____ and forms ____ ,which on condensation fall in the form of ____ and _____ .
- Fill in the blanks so as to make the following statements true:Given a line and a point, not on the line, there is one and only _____ line which passes through the given point and is _____ to the given line.
- Fill in the following blanks with suitable words:(a) In water, the proportion of oxygen and hydrogen is _____ by mass.(b) In a chemical reaction, the sum of the masses of the reactants and the products remains unchanged. This is called _____.
- Fill in the blanks:(a) Cleaning of water is process of removing __________(b) Wastewater released by houses is called __________.(c) Dried __________ is used as manure.(d) Drains get blocked by __________ and __________.
- Fill in the blanks in the following statements using words given in the box.[ air, handpumps, cholera, water, large, ground ]A very ______ number of our people defecate in the open. It may cause______ pollution and soil pollution. Both the surface water and ______ water get polluted______ water is the source for wells, tube wells and ______. Thus it becomes the most common route for ______ borne diseases like ______ , dysentery, etc.