- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fill in the blanks.
(a) Microorganisms can be seen with the help of a _____.
(b) Blue green algae fix _____ directly from air and enhance the fertility of the soil.
(c) Alcohol is produced with the help of _____.
(d) Cholera is caused by _____.
(a) Microorganisms can be seen with the help of a microscope.
(b) Blue-green algae fix nitrogen directly from the air and enhance the fertility of the soil.
(c) Alcohol is produced with the help of fungi (yeast).
(d) Cholera is caused by bacteria.
Nitrogen fixation: It is the initial step of the nitrogen cycle in which atmospheric nitrogen (N2) is converted into ammonia. During nitrogen fixation, the inert nitrogen gas gets deposited into soils from the atmosphere through precipitation. Then the two nitrogen atoms get separated and combine with hydrogen to form ammonia (NH4+).
Cholera is a waterborne disease. It can spread if food and, in particular, water become contaminated with the stools of an infected person. Cholera is caused by the bacteria, Vibrio cholerae.
Fermentation is an enzyme-catalyzed metabolic process in which an organism converts carbohydrates, such as starch or sugar, into alcohol or acid, anaerobically releasing energy. Alcohol Fermentation is used in the industrial production of wine, beer, biofuel, etc. The end product is alcohol and CO2.
Yeast and some bacteria carry out this type of fermentation where enzymes like pyruvic acid decarboxylase and alcohol dehydrogenase act as catalysts.
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?
- Define colors using the Red-Green-Blue model (RGB) with CSS
- Which MySQL query can be used with the help of which we can see the list of MySQL databases?
- Define colors using the Red-Green-Blue-Alpha model (RGBA) with CSS
- How can I generate days from the range of dates with the help of MySQL views?
- How can INTERSECTION between tables be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- How DIFFERENCES between tables can be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- Explain the concept of magnetic disk with the help of a diagram(DBMS)
- How to enhance the power of imagination?
- How can we find the most recent and most oldest date from a table with the help of MySQL MAX() and MIN() functions?
- How can we display all the records from MySQL table with the help of PHP script?
- Fix navbar to the bottom of the page with Bootstrap
- How can we know the repetition of a value in column with the help of group function COUNT(*) and GROUP BY clause?
- Why do the packets of chips are filled with air?
- What is the use of the VALUE function in a DB2? Explain with the help of an example
- Add the element in a Python list with help of indexing