- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fill in the blanks.
(a) Cork cells possess ____ on their walls that makes them impervious to gases and water.
(b) ____ have tubular cells with perforated walls and are living in nature.
(c) Bone possesses a hard matrix composed of ____ and ____.
(a) Cork cells possess suberin on their walls, making them impervious to gases and water.
(b) Sieve tubes have tubular cells with perforated walls and are living in nature.
(c) Bone possesses a hard matrix composed of calcium and phosphorus.
Suberin is a lipophilic macromolecule, responsible for providing insulation and protection to plant cell walls. It provides a uniform thickening of suberin to sclerenchyma tissue.
Sieve tubes (Phloem) tissues transport food in the plants. Phloem transports food from leaves to all parts of the plant including roots.
- Related Articles
- Cell walls is found in(a) plant cells only(b) animal cells only(c) both (a) and (b)(d) none of them
- Name the conducting tissue in plants which made of (a) living cells, and (b) dead cells.
- Program to count number of walls required to partition top-left and bottom-right cells in Python
- Walls and Gates in C++
- Fill in the blanks.(a) ____ are forms of complex tissue.(b) ____ have guard cells.(c) Cells of cork contain a chemical called ____.(d) Husk of coconut is made of ____ tissue.(e) ____ gives flexibility to plants.(f) ____ and ____ are both conducting tissues.(g) Xylem transports ____ and ____ from soil.(h) Phloem transports ____ from ____ to other parts of the plant.
- Cells that lack nuclear membrane are _____.(a) eukaryotic cells(b) multiple cells(c) single cells(d) prokaryotic cells
- Name The Scientist Who Have Stated That, all The Plants And Animals Are Composed Of Cells" And "that The Cell Is The Basic Units Of Life"."
- Differentiate between parenchyma, collenchyma, and sclerenchyma on the basis of their cell walls.
- Cells with Odd Values in a Matrix in C++
- The walls of large intestine absorb(a) Water(b) Proteins (c) Cellulose(d) Roughage
- Follicular B Helper T Cells and Their Function
- Find safe cells in a matrix in C++
- Print cells with same rectangular sums in a matrix in C++
- Difference Between T Cells and B Cells
- Take three test-tubes. Fill each of them with water. Label them A, B and C. Keep a snail in test-tube A, a water plant in test-tube B and in C, keep snail and plant both. Which test-tube would have the highest concentration of CO2?