- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fill in the blanks :
$(a)$. A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called _______________.
$(b)$. An electric cell has _______________
1. A device that is used to break an electric circuit is called a switch.
2. An electric cell has two terminals.
The switch is a device that is used to break or complete an electric circuit, giving us control over the flow of current.
Here in the given figure:
(i) Circuit is open and no current flows through the circuit resulting in the bulb does not glow. This is called switch is OFF.
(ii) Circuit is closed and current is flowing through the circuit resulting in the bulb glow. This is called switch is ON.
- What is an Individual Electric Drive? (Types of Electric Drive)
- Electric Power and Efficiency of Electric Device
- Difference between Electric Circuit and Magnetic Circuit
- What is a Group Electric Drive? (Types of Electric Drive)
- What is a Multimotor Electric Drive? (Types of Electric Drive)
- What are the auxiliary equipment used in an electric locomotive?
- Safety and Protective Devices Used in an Electric Elevator
- Types of Electric Motors Used in Industrial Electric Drives
- Characteristics of Network and Electric Circuit
- What is Electric Power?
- What is an Electric Drive? – Block Diagram, Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is Pantograph Collector in Electric Traction?
- What is Booster Transformer in Electric Traction?
- Factors Affecting the Schedule Speed of an Electric Train
- What are the equipment used in Electric Arc Welding?
- What is Specific Energy Consumption in Electric Traction?