- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Fig. 13.15 shows the distance-time graph for the motion of two vehicles A and B. Which one of them is moving faster?
Fig. 13.15 Distance-time graph for the motion of two cars"
The distance-time graph for the motion of two vehicles A and B.
To determine which car A and B is moving faster.
To identify the fastest moving car we will have to compare their speeds from the given graph. The higher the speed, the faster the car will move. Speed is the distance covered by a moving object per unit of time.
Comparison of speeds by graphs:
The greater the slope of a moving object on the graph paper, the greater will be its speed. Lets us observe the slopes of car A and car B in the given graph-
Slopes A and B are representing the speeds of cars A and B.
In the given graph, the slope of car A is more than the slope of car B.
So, speed of the car A is more than car B.
Therefore, Car A is moving faster than Car B.
- Related Articles
- Draw the distance-time graph for the uniform and non-uniform motion of an object.
- What is the nature of the distance-time graph for uniform and non-uniform motion of an object?
- Velocity-time graph for the motion of an object in a straight path is a straight line parallel to the time axis. (a) Identify the nature of motion of the body. (b) Find the acceleration of the body. (c) Draw the shape of distance-time graph for this type of motion.
- The speed-time graph for a car is shown in Fig. 8.12.Fig. 8.12$(a)$. Find how far does the car travel in the first 4 seconds.Shade the area on the graph that represents the distance travelled by the car during the period.$(b)$. Which part of the graph represents uniform motion ofthe car?"
- What can you say about the motion of a body whose distance-time graph is a straight line parallel to the time axis ?
- Which physical quantity is given by the slope of distance-time graph?
- Show the shape of the distance-time graph for the motion in the following cases:$(i)$. A car moving with a constant speed.$(ii)$. A car parked on a side road.
- Explain Distance-time Graph?
- What does the slope of a distance-time graph indicate ?
- What Is Nature Of Distance -time Graphs For Uniform And Non-Unifrom Motion Of An Object?
- The velocity-time graph shows the motion of a cyclist. Find $(i)$. its acceleration $(ii)$. its velocity and ,br>$(iii)$. the distance covered by the cyclist in 15 seconds."
- Which of the following distance-time graphs shows a truck moving with a speed which is not constant?"
- Velocity-time graph for the motion of an object in a straight path is a straight line parallel to the time axis. Find the acceleration of the body.
- In the concept of distance ~ time graph,How we will draw a graph if the speed is not constant ?
- What can you say about the motion of a body if:$(a)$. its displacement-time graph is a straight line?$(b)$. its velocity-time graph is a straight line?