- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain why objects moving in fluids must have special shapes.
We have to explain why objects moving in fluids must have special shapes.
Let us know the motion of objects in fluids and the roles of their shapes-
Motion of objects in fluids:
When an object moves in a fluids$(water\ or\ air)$, fluids exert a resistive force that is called drag by fluids. The drag offered by the fluids resists the motion of the object.
Role of the shape of moving objects in fluid:
Objects that have a large surface area experience larger drag by the fluid than the drag experienced by objects with less surface area.
Objects that are pointed at the ends and broad in middle are called streamlined objects. The streamlined shape of an object helps the object to move in fluids easily without experiencing larger friction.
Fish and birds have streamlined bodies that help them to move in fluids such as water and air.
Objects moving in fluids have special shapes:
To minimize the drag(friction) offered by fluids, the objects moving in fluids are designed in a special shape known as a streamlined shape. The streamlined shape of the moving objects helps to move in fluids easily as this type of shape reduces the friction very much.
- Related Articles
- (a) What is meant by ‘streamlined shape’? Name an object which usually has a streamlined shape.(b) Explain why, objects moving in fluids should have streamlined shape.
- Explain why, if we look at objects through the hot air over a fire, the objects appear to be moving (or shaking) slightly.
- Explain why, buildings and dams have wide foundations.
- What is the special name of frictional force exerted by fluids (like air or water)?
- What is the name of ‘special shape’ which is given to objects moving through air (or water) to reduce drag?
- You must have seen during rainy season, when it rains the animals like earthworm, snakes, snails etc. are commonly seen. Explain why?
- 6 must have apps in your phone
- Explain the Union operation on 2D shapes in JavaFX
- Explain the Intersect operation on 2D shapes in JavaFX
- Explain the Subtract operation on 2D shapes in JavaFX
- Explain the Fill property of 2D shapes in JavaFX
- Explain the Stroke property of 2D shapes in JavaFX
- Explain the smooth property of 2D shapes in JavaFX
- You must have seen tarnished copper vessels being cleaned with lemon or tamarind juice. Explain why these sour substances are effective in cleaning the vessels.
- Explain why rusting of iron objects is faster in coastal areas than in deserts.