- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain why a charged balloon is repelled by another charged balloon whereas an uncharged balloon is attracted by another charged balloon.
To explain why a charged balloon is repelled by another charged balloon whereas an uncharged balloon is attracted by another charged balloon.
When two charged bodies are placed close to each other, it is observed that two bodies having like charges repel each other and two bodies having unlike charges attract each other.
When a charged body comes in the contact with an uncharged body, then the uncharged body acquires the opposite charge through induction and gets attracted to the charged body.
Attraction and repulsion between balloons:
It is a general phenomenon that a charged body attracts an uncharged body and repels a charged body. This is why a charged balloon is repelled by another charged balloon whereas an uncharged balloon is attracted by another charged balloon.
In the figure below it is shown that:
- Two uncharged balloons neither attract nor repel each other.
- A charged balloon attracts an uncharged balloon.
- A charged balloon repels a charged balloon.
- Program to find starting index of the child who receives last balloon in Python?
- GROUP BY a column in another MySQL table
- Divide one polynomial by another in Python
- In MySQL, why a client cannot use a user-defined variable defined by another client?
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number in C++
- Find values group by another field in MongoDB?
- Divide one Hermite series by another in Python
- Divide one Laguerre series by another in Python
- Divide one Legendre series by another in Python
- Divide one Chebyshev series by another in Python
- Divide one Hermite_e series by another in Python
- Why an interface cannot implement another interface in Java?
- Why multiple inheritance is not supported by Java?
- Why is operator overloading not supported by java?
- MySQL query to select rows where column value is only 0, group by another column?