- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the working and application of a sonar.
To explain the working and application of a sonar.
Let us know first what is a SONAR:
SONAR stands for:
SONAR stands for:
So, the full name of SONAR is Sound Navigation And Ranging.
Working of a SONAR:
- A SONAR system is installed in ships or boats to detect underwater objects.
- A SONAR consists of a transmitter and a receiver.
- The transmitter used in SONAR produces powerful ultrasonic waves and these powerful ultrasonic waves travel through the water and gets reflected by the object.
- These reflected ultrasounds reached the receiver of a SONAR which then converted into electrical signals.
- These electrical signals are then interpreted.
Let us see the image below to understand how a SONAR system works to detect underwater objects.
Applications of SONAR:
The followings are some different applications of the SONAR system:
- SONAR is a device that is used to find the depth of a sea.
- SONAR system is used to locate underwater things like shoals of fish, shipwrecks, and enemy submarines.
- SONAR is used for the detection of defects in metal blocks.
- SONAR is used in the medical field for the detection of cysts and cancer.
- SONAR is used to find the defects in the oil and gas pipelines.
- Explain the working of Cypress.
- Explain the working of a turbojet engine.
- Explain the construction and working of a Microwave Varactor diode.
- Explain the life cycle of a JavaFX Application
- Explain the construction and working of a Microwave Schottky Barrier diode.
- Explain the JavaFX Application structure
- Explain the working of Animations in React Native?
- Explain working of the Modal window in React Native
- Explain the purpose of the .csproj file in an ASP.NET application
- Footer not working in my SAPUI5 application
- Explain percentage of sales method in estimation of working capital.
- Explain Regression analysis method in estimation of working capital.
- Explain operation cycle method in estimation of working capital.
- What are the positive and negative impacts of a working mother?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a BPO?
- Explain the design and implementation of a simple microsequencer?