- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the following:
(a) Reactivity of Al decreases if it is dipped in HNO3
(b) Carbon cannot reduce the oxides of Na or Mg
(c) NaCl is not a conductor of electricity in the solid-state whereas it does conduct electricity in aqueous solution as well as in molten state
(d) Iron articles are galvanised.
<(e) Metals like Na, K, Ca and Mg are never found in their free state in nature.
(a) Reactivity of Aluminium decreases if it is dipped in HNO3 because HNO3 is a strong oxidizing agent. Hence, a layer of aluminium oxide gets deposited because of which reactivity of aluminium gets reduced.
(b) Carbon cannot reduce the oxides of Na or Mg because these are highly reactive metals. Na and Mg have a higher affinity to oxygen than carbon. Hence, carbon fails to reduce the oxides of Na and Mg.
(c) NaCl is not a conductor of electricity in the solid state whereas it does conduct electricity in an aqueous solution as well as in molten state because NaCl is an ionic compound. In a fused state, the crystal structure of the solid compound breaks, and ions can move freely. Therefore, an aqueous solution of an ionic compound conducts electricity as there are plenty of free ions that are able to conduct electric current.
(d) Iron readily reacts with atmospheric oxygen and forms rust. To avoid rusting of iron, it is galvanized.
(e) Metals like Na, K, Ca and Mg are highly reactive metals. They can form compounds with almost every element. Due to this, they are not found in their native form in nature.
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Check if a number is power of 8 or not in C++
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- Larger of a^b or b^a in C++
- Check if a number is jumbled or not in C++
- Check if a Tree is Isomorphic or not in C++
- Check if a doubly linked list of characters is palindrome or not in C++
- Check if a number is a Krishnamurthy Number or not in C++
- Check if a number is a Pythagorean Prime or not in C++
- What is B-tree and explain the reasons for using it (DBMS)?
- Golang Program to check if the binary representation of a number is palindrome or not
- Check if a given matrix is sparse or not in C++
- Check if a given number is sparse or not in C++
- Check if a given matrix is Hankel or not in C++
- Check if a directed graph is connected or not in C++
- Check if a number is Quartan Prime or not in C++