- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the difference between self-pollination and cross-pollination.
Difference between Self-Pollination and Cross-Pollination is as follows:
|1. Pollen of one flower transfers to the stigma of the same flower, or another flower of the same plant.||1. Pollen of one flower transfers to the stigma of the different flower, or another flower present on a different plant.|
|2. Occurs in genetically same plants.||2. Occurs in genetically different plants of the same species.|
3. Limited amounts of pollen grains are produced.
|3. Large amounts of pollen grains are produced.|
4. External pollinating agents are not required.
4. External pollinating agents are required such as water, wind, insects etc.
5. Both the stigma and anther mature simultaneously.
5. Both the stigma and anther mature at different times.
6. Pollination can be carried out even in the closed flower.
6. The flower should be open for this type of pollination.
7. Example- Orchid, Sunflower, Wheat, Pea, etc.
|7. Example- Papaya, Pumpkin, Apple, etc.\r|
- Explain the Difference Between Definition and Declaration
- Explain the difference between Virus and Worm?
- Explain the difference between OLAP and OLTP
- Difference Between Cross-Sectional Analysis and Time Series Analysis
- Explain the difference between physical and logical databases
- What is difference between self and __init__ methods in python Class?
- Explain the difference between RowSet and ResultSet in JDBC?
- Explain the difference between getColumnHeaders(), getColumnNames() and getColumnTitles() in SAP?
- Explain the difference between static and dynamic binding in Java.
- Explain the Difference Between Linear and Non-linear Data Structure
- Explain the difference between const and readonly keywords in C#
- Convert NFA to DFA and explain the difference between them
- Explain difference between Abstraction and Encapsulation in PHP.
- Explain difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- Explain difference between == and is operator in Python.
- Explain the cross product method process in DFA