EIGRP Over the Top (OTP) by Arash Deljoo
Concepts and Configurations
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The EIGRP Over the Top feature enables a single end-to-end Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) routing domain that is transparent to the underlying public or private WAN transport that is used for connecting disparate EIGRP customer sites. When an enterprise extends its connectivity across multiple sites through a private or a public WAN connection, the service provider mandates that the enterprise use an additional routing protocol, typically the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), over the WAN links to ensure end-to-end routing.
The use of an additional protocol causes additional complexities for the enterprise, such as additional routing processes and sustained interaction between EIGRP and the routing protocol to ensure connectivity, for the enterprise. With the EIGRP Over the Top feature, routing is consolidated into a single protocol (EIGRP) across the WAN, which provides the following benefits:
• There is no dependency on the type of WAN connection used.
• There is no dependency on the service provider to transfer routes.
• There is no security threat because the underlying WAN has no knowledge of enterprise routes.
• This feature simplifies dual carrier deployments and designs by eliminating the need to configure and manage EIGRP-BGP route distribution and route filtering between customer sites.
• This feature allows easy transition between different service providers. • This feature supports both IPv4 and IPv6 environments.
What will you learn in this course:
- What will students learn in your course?
- EIGRP OTP - Full Mesh
- EIGRP OTP - Route Reflector
- EIGRP OTP - Redundant Remote Routers
- IPv6 EIGRP OTP - Full Mesh
- IPv6 EIGRP OTP - Route Reflector
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You can implement scenarios in GNS3 or EVE-NG.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
EIGRP Over The Top (OTP)
- EIGRP OTP - Full Mesh 40:47 40:47
- EIGRP OTP - Route Reflector 47:54 47:54
- EIGRP OTP - Redundant Remote Routers 19:08 19:08
- IPv6 EIGRP OTP - Full Mesh 22:05 22:05
- IPv6 EIGRP OTP - Route Reflector 28:50 28:50
Arash is an experienced Cisco engineer with 15 years of experience working in network engineering, communications, and education–particularly in training with E-learning companies. He earned a MSc in power electrical engineering from Tehran Polytechnic. He produces training courses in Persian and English.
The total number of his students in face-to-face and online teaching courses has been more than 10,000.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now