Theory of Computation Simplified
Simulate Real-world Computing Machines and Problems with Strong Principles of Computation
About the Book
A theory behind computing machines
● Algorithmic ideas are made simple to understand through the use of examples.
● Contains a wide range of examples and solutions to help students better grasp the concepts.
● Designed to assist and coach students in applying the fundamentals of computation theory in real-world situations.
The book is geared toward those who thirst for computation theory knowledge. To cater to the demands of a wide range of people, the principles in this book are explained in a way that is easy to understand, digest and apply in the upcoming career.
The 'Theory of Computation' is the foundational and mathematical topic in computer science, computer applications, computer Engineering, and software engineering. This book provides a clear introduction to the fundamental principles, followed by an in-depth mathematical study and a wealth of solved problems. Before reading this book, learners must understand basic sets, functions, trees, graphs and strings. The book as a whole acquaints the reader with automata theory fundamentals. The book provides simplified theoretical coverage of the essential principles, solve instances, and solve multiple-choice problems with solutions. The theory and computation of automata presented in this book will greatly assist students and professors alike.
What you will learn
● Create finite automata that aren't predictable.
● Create regular expressions in any language.
● Convert context-free grammar to Chomsky and Greibach's normal forms.
● Build deterministic and non-deterministic pushdown automata for the regular expression.
● Know the difference between decidability and computability.
● Create a Turing machine based on a specified regular expression.
Who this book is for
This book is suitable for undergraduate and graduate students in computer science, information technology and software engineering with a basic understanding of set theory and Boolean logic.
Table of Contents
1. Finite Automata
2. Non-Deterministic Finite Automata
3. Regular Expressions
4. Context Free Grammar
5. Regular Language
6. Push Down Automata
7. Post Machines
8. Turing Machines
9. Computability and Undesirability
10. Complexity Theory: Advanced Perspective
BPB is Asia's largest publishers of Computer & IT books. For the last 63 years BPB has been a friend, philosopher and guide for programmers, developers, hardware technicians, IT Professionals who have made things happen in the IT World.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now