The Complete Kubernetes Guide
Become an expert in container management with the power of Kubernetes
About the Book
Design, deploy, and manage large-scale containers using Kubernetes
- Gain insight into the latest features of Kubernetes, including Prometheus and API aggregation
- Discover ways to keep your clusters always available, scalable, and up-to-date
- Master the skills of designing and deploying large clusters on various cloud platforms
If you are running a number of containers and want to be able to automate the way they’re managed, it can be helpful to have Kubernetes at your disposal.
This Learning Path guides you through core Kubernetes constructs, such as pods, services, replica sets, replication controllers, and labels. You'll get started by learning how to integrate your build pipeline and deployments in a Kubernetes cluster. As you cover more chapters in the Learning Path, you'll get up to speed with orchestrating updates behind the scenes, avoiding downtime on your cluster, and dealing with underlying cloud provider instability in your cluster. With the help of real-world use cases, you'll also explore options for network configuration, and understand how to set up, operate, and troubleshoot various Kubernetes networking plugins. In addition to this, you'll gain insights into custom resource development and utilization in automation and maintenance workflows.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll have the expertise you need to progress from an intermediate to an advanced level of understanding Kubernetes.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Getting Started with Kubernetes - Third Edition by Jonathan Baier and Jesse White
- Mastering Kubernetes - Second Edition by Gigi Sayfan
What you will learn
- Download, install, and configure the Kubernetes code base
- Create and configure custom Kubernetes resources
- Use third-party resources in your automation workflows
- Deliver applications as standard packages
- Set up and access monitoring and logging for Kubernetes clusters
- Set up external access to applications running in the cluster
- Manage and scale Kubernetes with hosted platforms on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Run multiple clusters and manage them from a single control plane
Who this book is for
If you are a developer or a system administrator with an intermediate understanding of Kubernetes and want to master its advanced features, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of networking is required to easily understand the concepts explained.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now