TensorFlow Reinforcement Learning Quick Start Guide
Get up and running with training and deploying intelligent, self-learning agents using Python
About the Book
Leverage the power of Tensorflow to Create powerful software agents that can self-learn to perform real-world tasks
- Explore efficient Reinforcement Learning algorithms and code them using TensorFlow and Python
- Train Reinforcement Learning agents for problems, ranging from computer games to autonomous driving.
- Formulate and devise selective algorithms and techniques in your applications in no time.
Advances in reinforcement learning algorithms have made it possible to use them for optimal control in several different industrial applications. With this book, you will apply Reinforcement Learning to a range of problems, from computer games to autonomous driving.
The book starts by introducing you to essential Reinforcement Learning concepts such as agents, environments, rewards, and advantage functions. You will also master the distinctions between on-policy and off-policy algorithms, as well as model-free and model-based algorithms. You will also learn about several Reinforcement Learning algorithms, such as SARSA, Deep Q-Networks (DQN), Deep Deterministic Policy Gradients (DDPG), Asynchronous Advantage Actor-Critic (A3C), Trust Region Policy Optimization (TRPO), and Proximal Policy Optimization (PPO). The book will also show you how to code these algorithms in TensorFlow and Python and apply them to solve computer games from OpenAI Gym. Finally, you will also learn how to train a car to drive autonomously in the Torcs racing car simulator.
By the end of the book, you will be able to design, build, train, and evaluate feed-forward neural networks and convolutional neural networks. You will also have mastered coding state-of-the-art algorithms and also training agents for various control problems.
What you will learn
- Understand the theory and concepts behind modern Reinforcement Learning algorithms
- Code state-of-the-art Reinforcement Learning algorithms with discrete or continuous actions
- Develop Reinforcement Learning algorithms and apply them to training agents to play computer games
- Explore DQN, DDQN, and Dueling architectures to play Atari's Breakout using TensorFlow
- Use A3C to play CartPole and LunarLander
- Train an agent to drive a car autonomously in a simulator
Who this book is for
Data scientists and AI developers who wish to quickly get started with training effective reinforcement learning models in TensorFlow will find this book very useful. Prior knowledge of machine learning and deep learning concepts (as well as exposure to Python programming) will be useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now