Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook
Over 80 recipes for transforming your data into business-critical insights using Splunk
About the Book
Leverage Splunk's operational intelligence capabilities to unlock new hidden business insights and drive success
- Tackle any problems related to searching and analyzing your data with Splunk
- Get the latest information and business insights on Splunk 7.x
- Explore the all new machine learning toolkit in Splunk 7.x
Splunk makes it easy for you to take control of your data, and with Splunk Operational Cookbook, you can be confident that you are taking advantage of the Big Data revolution and driving your business with the cutting edge of operational intelligence and business analytics.
With more than 70 recipes that demonstrate all of Splunk’s features, not only will you find quick solutions to common problems, but you’ll also learn a wide range of strategies and uncover new ideas that will make you rethink what operational intelligence means to you and your organization.
You’ll discover recipes on data processing, searching and reporting, dashboards, and visualizations to make data shareable, communicable, and most importantly meaningful. You’ll also find step-by-step demonstrations that walk you through building an operational intelligence application containing vital features essential to understanding data and to help you successfully integrate a data-driven way of thinking in your organization.
Throughout the book, you’ll dive deeper into Splunk, explore data models and pivots to extend your intelligence capabilities, and perform advanced searching with machine learning to explore your data in even more sophisticated ways. Splunk is changing the business landscape, so make sure you’re taking advantage of it.
What you will learn
- Learn how to use Splunk to gather, analyze, and report on data
- Create dashboards and visualizations that make data meaningful
- Build an intelligent application with extensive functionalities
- Enrich operational data with lookups and workflows
- Model and accelerate data and perform pivot-based reporting
- Apply ML algorithms for forecasting and anomaly detection
- Summarize data for long term trending, reporting, and analysis
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for data professionals who are looking to leverage the Splunk Enterprise platform as a valuable operational intelligence tool. The recipes provided in this book will appeal to individuals from all facets of business, IT, security, product, marketing, and many more! Even the existing users of Splunk who want to upgrade and get up and running with Splunk 7.x will find this book to be of great value.
Table of Contents
- Play Time – Getting Data In and Setup
- Diving into Data – Search and Report
- Dashboards and Visualizations – Make Data Shine
- Building an Operational Intelligence Application
- Extending Intelligence – Datasets, Modelling and Pivoting
- Diving Deeper – Advanced Searching, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- Enriching Data – Lookups and Workflows
- Being Proactive – Creating Alerts
- Speed Up Intelligence – Data Summarization
- Above and Beyond – Customization, Web Framework, REST API, and SDKs
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now