Software Architecture with C++
Software Architecture with C++
About the Book
Apply business requirements to IT infrastructure and deliver a high-quality product by understanding architectures such as microservices, DevOps, and cloud-native using modern C++ standards and features
- Design scalable large-scale applications with the C++ programming language
- Architect software solutions in a cloud-based environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Achieve architectural goals by leveraging design patterns, language features, and useful tools
Software architecture refers to the high-level design of complex applications. It is evolving just like the languages we use, but there are architectural concepts and patterns that you can learn to write high-performance apps in a high-level language without sacrificing readability and maintainability.
If you're working with modern C++, this practical guide will help you put your knowledge to work and design distributed, large-scale apps. You'll start by getting up to speed with architectural concepts, including established patterns and rising trends, then move on to understanding what software architecture actually is and start exploring its components.
Next, you'll discover the design concepts involved in application architecture and the patterns in software development, before going on to learn how to build, package, integrate, and deploy your components. In the concluding chapters, you'll explore different architectural qualities, such as maintainability, reusability, testability, performance, scalability, and security. Finally, you will get an overview of distributed systems, such as service-oriented architecture, microservices, and cloud-native, and understand how to apply them in application development.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to build distributed services using modern C++ and associated tools to deliver solutions as per your clients' requirements.
What you will learn
- Understand how to apply the principles of software architecture
- Apply design patterns and best practices to meet your architectural goals
- Write elegant, safe, and performant code using the latest C++ features
- Build applications that are easy to maintain and deploy
- Explore the different architectural approaches and learn to apply them as per your requirement
- Simplify development and operations using application containers
- Discover various techniques to solve common problems in software design and development
Who this book is for
This software architecture C++ programming book is for experienced C++ developers looking to become software architects or develop enterprise-grade applications.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now