Security Tokens and Stablecoins Quick Start Guide
Learn how to build STO and stablecoin decentralized applications
About the Book
A complete guide to understanding, developing, and testing popular security-token smart contracts
- Understand key Blockchain and Ethereum platforms concepts
- Step-by-step guide to developing STO smart contracts on Ethereum
- Monetize digital tokens under various U.S. securities laws
The failure of initial coin offerings (ICOs) is no accident, as most ICOs do not link to a real asset and are not regulated. Realizing the shortcomings of ICOs, the blockchain community and potential investors embraced security token offerings (STOs) and stablecoins enthusiastically.
In this book, we start with an overview of the blockchain technology along with its basic concepts. We introduce the concept behind STO, and cover the basic requirements for launching a STO and the relevant regulations governing its issuance. We discuss U.S. securities laws development in launching security digital tokens using blockchain technology and show some real use cases. We also explore the process of STO launches and legal considerations. We introduce popular security tokens in the current blockchain space and talk about how to develop a security token DApp, including smart contract development for ERC1404 tokens. Later, you'll learn to build frontend side functionalities to interact with smart contracts. Finally, we discuss stablecoin technical design functionalities for issuing and operating STO tokens by interacting with Ethereum smart contracts.
By the end of this book, you will have learned more about STOs and gained a detailed knowledge of building relevant applications—all with the help of practical examples.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic requirements for launching a security token offering
- Explore various US securities laws governing the offering of security digital tokens
- Get to grips with the stablecoin concept with the help of use cases
- Learn how to develop security token decentralized applications
- Understand the difference between ERC-20 and ERC-721 tokens
- Learn how to set up a development environment and build security tokens
- Explore the technical design of stablecoins
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now