Rust Web Programming
A hands-on guide to developing fast and secure web apps with the Rust programming language
About the Book
Adopt the Rust programming language by learning how to build fully functional web applications and services and address challenges relating to safety and performance
- Build scalable web applications in Rust using popular frameworks such as Actix, Rocket, and Warp
- Create front-end components that can be injected into multiple views
- Develop data models in Rust to interact with the database
Are safety and high performance a big concern for you while developing web applications?
While most programming languages have a safety or speed trade-off, Rust provides memory safety without using a garbage collector. This means that with its low memory footprint, you can build high-performance and secure web apps with relative ease.
This book will take you through each stage of the web development process, showing you how to combine Rust and modern web development principles to build supercharged web apps.
By the end of this Rust book, you'll be able to confidently create scalable and fast web applications with Rust.
What you will learn
- Structure scalable web apps in Rust in Rocket, Actix Web, and Warp
- Apply data persistence for your web apps using PostgreSQL
- Build login, JWT, and config modules for your web apps
- Build unit tests and functional API tests in Postman and Newman
- Deploy the Rust app with NGINX and Docker onto an AWS EC2 instance
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now