React Projects - Second Edition
About the Book
Learn how to develop real-world applications of varying complexity for the web, mobile, and VR devices using React, React Native, React 360, and more
- Build React applications at scale using React patterns and best practices
- Explore React features such as Hooks, the Context API, and the Suspense API
- Extend React’s integration with React Native for building cross-platform mobile apps and games
Developed by Facebook, React is a popular library for building impressive user interfaces. React extends its capabilities to mobile platforms using the React Native framework and integrates with popular web and mobile tools to build scalable applications.
React Projects is your guide to learning React development by using modern development patterns and integrating React with powerful web tools, such as GraphQL, Expo, and React 360. You'll start building a real-world project right from the first chapter and get hands-on with developing scalable applications as you advance to building more complex projects. Throughout the book, you'll use the latest versions of React and React Native to explore features such as routing, Context, and Hooks on multiple platforms, which will help you build full-stack web and mobile applications efficiently. Finally, you'll get to grips with unit testing with Jest and end-to-end testing with Cypress to build test-driven apps.
By the end of this React book, you'll have developed the skills necessary to start building scalable React apps across web and mobile platforms.
What you will learn
- Create a wide range of applications using various modern React tools and frameworks
- Discover how React Hooks modernize state management for React apps
- Develop web applications using styled and reusable React components
- Build test-driven React applications using Jest, React Testing Library, and Cypress
- Understand full-stack development using GraphQL, Apollo, and React
- Perform server-side rendering using React and Next.js
- Create animated games using React Native and Expo
- Design gestures and animations for a cross-platform game using React Native
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now