Rancher Deep Dive
Rancher Deep Dive
About the Book
Effectively build, manage, and secure your Kubernetes workloads to implement CI/CD
- Gain a complete understanding of how Rancher works
- Discover how to design and deploy Kubernetes clusters using Rancher
- Understand how to extend Kubernetes and Rancher's capabilities to take your apps to the next level
Knowing how to use Rancher enables you to manage multiple clusters and applications without being locked into a vendor’s platform. This book will guide you through Rancher’s capabilities while deepening your understanding of Kubernetes and helping you to take your applications to a new level.
The book begins by introducing you to Rancher and Kubernetes, helping you to learn and implement best practices. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll understand the strengths and limitations of Rancher and Kubernetes and discover all the different ways to deploy Rancher. You’ll also find out how to design and deploy Kubernetes clusters to match your requirements. The concluding chapters will show you how to set up a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline for deploying applications into a Rancher cluster, along with covering supporting services such as image registries and Helm charts.
By the end of this Kubernetes book, you’ll be able to confidently deploy your mission-critical production workloads on Rancher-managed Kubernetes clusters.
What you will learn
- Deploy Rancher in a production-ready configuration
- Architect an application cluster to support mission-critical workloads
- Build the type of Kubernetes cluster that makes sense for your environment
- Discover the tools and services needed to make a new, ready-to-deploy cluster
- Prepare your applications to be deployed into Rancher for Kubernetes
- Expand your Kubernetes cluster by providing additional services such as Longhorn, OPA, and monitoring
Who this book is for
This book is for DevOps engineers looking to deploy Kubernetes in a fast and easy way. A basic understanding of Linux administration and containerization is needed to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now