R Machine Learning Projects
Implement supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning techniques using R 3.5
About the Book
Master a range of machine learning domains with real-world projects using TensorFlow for R, H2O, MXNet, and more
- Master machine learning, deep learning, and predictive modeling concepts in R 3.5
- Build intelligent end-to-end projects for finance, retail, social media, and a variety of domains
- Implement smart cognitive models with helpful tips and best practices
R is one of the most popular languages when it comes to performing computational statistics (statistical computing) easily and exploring the mathematical side of machine learning. With this book, you will leverage the R ecosystem to build efficient machine learning applications that carry out intelligent tasks within your organization.
This book will help you test your knowledge and skills, guiding you on how to build easily through to complex machine learning projects. You will first learn how to build powerful machine learning models with ensembles to predict employee attrition. Next, you’ll implement a joke recommendation engine and learn how to perform sentiment analysis on Amazon reviews. You’ll also explore different clustering techniques to segment customers using wholesale data. In addition to this, the book will get you acquainted with credit card fraud detection using autoencoders, and reinforcement learning to make predictions and win on a casino slot machine.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped to confidently perform complex tasks to build research and commercial projects for automated operations.
What you will learn
- Explore deep neural networks and various frameworks that can be used in R
- Develop a joke recommendation engine to recommend jokes that match users’ tastes
- Create powerful ML models with ensembles to predict employee attrition
- Build autoencoders for credit card fraud detection
- Work with image recognition and convolutional neural networks
- Make predictions for casino slot machine using reinforcement learning
- Implement NLP techniques for sentiment analysis and customer segmentation
Who this book is for
If you’re a data analyst, data scientist, or machine learning developer who wants to master machine learning concepts using R by building real-world projects, this is the book for you. Each project will help you test your skills in implementing machine learning algorithms and techniques. A basic understanding of machine learning and working knowledge of R programming is necessary to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now