Quantum Computing in Practice with Qiskit® and IBM Quantum Experience
Practical recipes for quantum computer coding at the gate and algorithm level with Python
About the Book
Understand the nuances of programming traditional quantum computers and solve the challenges of the future while building and executing quantum programs on IBM Quantum hardware and simulators
- Work your way up from writing a simple quantum program to programming complex quantum algorithms
- Explore the probabilistic nature of qubits by performing quantum coin tosses and using random number generators
- Delve into quantum algorithms and their practical applications in various domains
IBM Quantum Experience® is a leading platform for programming quantum computers and implementing quantum solutions directly on the cloud. This book will help you get up to speed with programming quantum computers and provide solutions to the most common problems and challenges.
You’ll start with a high-level overview of IBM Quantum Experience® and Qiskit®, where you will perform the installation while writing some basic quantum programs. This introduction puts less emphasis on the theoretical framework and more emphasis on recent developments such as Shor’s algorithm and Grover’s algorithm. Next, you’ll delve into Qiskit®, a quantum information science toolkit, and its constituent packages such as Terra, Aer, Ignis, and Aqua. You’ll cover these packages in detail, exploring their benefits and use cases. Later, you’ll discover various quantum gates that Qiskit® offers and even deconstruct a quantum program with their help, before going on to compare Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum (NISQ) and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and actual hardware. Finally, you’ll explore quantum algorithms and understand how they differ from classical algorithms, along with learning how to use pre-packaged algorithms in Qiskit® Aqua.
By the end of this quantum computing book, you’ll be able to build and execute your own quantum programs using IBM Quantum Experience® and Qiskit® with Python.
What you will learn
- Visualize a qubit in Python and understand the concept of superposition
- Install a local Qiskit® simulator and connect to actual quantum hardware
- Compose quantum programs at the level of circuits using Qiskit® Terra
- Compare and contrast Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum computing (NISQ) and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and IBM Quantum® hardware
- Mitigate noise in quantum circuits and systems using Qiskit® Ignis
- Understand the difference between classical and quantum algorithms by implementing Grover’s algorithm in Qiskit®
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, data scientists, machine learning researchers, or quantum computing enthusiasts who want to understand how to use IBM Quantum Experience® and Qiskit® to implement quantum solutions and gain practical quantum computing experience. Python programming experience is a must to grasp the concepts covered in the book more effectively. Basic knowledge of quantum computing will also be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now