Python Web Development with Sanic
Python Web Development with Sanic
About the Book
Build a performant and scalable web application using Sanic, along with maintaining clean code to fit your unique challenges and business requirements
- Expand your knowledge of web application architecture for building scalable web apps
- Learn the core philosophies of performance and scalability from one of the creators of Sanic
- Create a complete Python web app from scratch and learn to translate the knowledge you gain across various use cases
Today’s developers need something more powerful and customizable when it comes to web app development. They require effective tools to build something unique to meet their specific needs, and not simply glue a bunch of things together built by others. This is where Sanic comes into the picture. Built to be unopinionated and scalable, Sanic is a next-generation Python framework and server tuned for high performance.
This Sanic guide starts by helping you understand Sanic’s purpose, significance, and use cases. You’ll learn how to spot different issues when building web applications, and how to choose, create, and adapt the right solution to meet your requirements. As you progress, you’ll understand how to use listeners, middleware, and background tasks to customize your application. The book will also take you through real-world examples, so you will walk away with practical knowledge and not just code snippets.
By the end of this web development book, you’ll have gained the knowledge you need to design, build, and deploy high-performance, scalable, and maintainable web applications with the Sanic framework.
What you will learn
- Understand the difference between WSGI, Async, and ASGI servers
- Discover how Sanic organizes incoming data, why it does it, and how to make the most of it
- Implement best practices for building reliable, performant, and secure web apps
- Explore useful techniques for successfully testing and deploying a Sanic web app
- Create effective solutions for the modern web, including task management, bot integration, and GraphQL
- Identify security concerns and understand how to deal with them in your Sanic apps
Who this book is for
This book is for Python web developers who have basic to intermediate-level knowledge of how web technologies work and are looking to take their applications to the next level using the power of the Sanic framework. Working knowledge of Python web development along with frameworks such as Django and/or Flask will be helpful but is not required. A basic to intermediate-level understanding of Python 3, HTTP, RESTful API patterns, and modern development practices and tools, such as type annotations, pytest, and virtual environments will also be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now