About the Book
Take your Python skills to the next level to develop scalable, real-world applications for local as well as cloud deployment
- All code examples have been tested with Python 3.7 and Python 3.8 and are expected to work with any future 3.x release
- Learn how to build modular and object-oriented applications in Python
- Discover how to use advanced Python techniques for the cloud and clusters
Python is a multipurpose language that can be used for multiple use cases. Python for Geeks will teach you how to advance in your career with the help of expert tips and tricks.
You'll start by exploring the different ways of using Python optimally, both from the design and implementation point of view. Next, you'll understand the life cycle of a large-scale Python project. As you advance, you'll focus on different ways of creating an elegant design by modularizing a Python project and learn best practices and design patterns for using Python. You'll also discover how to scale out Python beyond a single thread and how to implement multiprocessing and multithreading in Python. In addition to this, you'll understand how you can not only use Python to deploy on a single machine but also use clusters in private as well as in public cloud computing environments. You'll then explore data processing techniques, focus on reusable, scalable data pipelines, and learn how to use these advanced techniques for network automation, serverless functions, and machine learning. Finally, you'll focus on strategizing web development design using the techniques and best practices covered in the book.
By the end of this Python book, you'll be able to do some serious Python programming for large-scale complex projects.
What you will learn
- Understand how to design and manage complex Python projects
- Strategize test-driven development (TDD) in Python
- Explore multithreading and multiprogramming in Python
- Use Python for data processing with Apache Spark and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Deploy serverless programs on public clouds such as GCP
- Use Python to build web applications and application programming interfaces
- Apply Python for network automation and serverless functions
- Get to grips with Python for data analysis and machine learning
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate-level Python developers in any field who are looking to build their skills to develop and manage large-scale complex projects. Developers who want to create reusable modules and Python libraries and cloud developers building applications for cloud deployment will also find this book useful. Prior experience with Python will help you get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now