Python 3 Object-Oriented Programming Third Edition
Build robust and maintainable software with object-oriented design patterns in Python 3.8
About the Book
Uncover modern Python with this guide to Python data structures, design patterns, and effective object-oriented techniques
- In-depth analysis of many common object-oriented design patterns that are more suitable to Python's unique style
- Learn the latest Python syntax and libraries
- Explore abstract design patterns and implement them in Python 3.8
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a popular design paradigm in which data and behaviors are encapsulated in such a way that they can be manipulated together. This third edition of Python 3 Object-Oriented Programming fully explains classes, data encapsulation, and exceptions with an emphasis on when you can use each principle to develop well-designed software.
Starting with a detailed analysis of object-oriented programming, you will use the Python programming language to clearly grasp key concepts from the object-oriented paradigm. You will learn how to create maintainable applications by studying higher level design patterns. The book will show you the complexities of string and file manipulation, and how Python distinguishes between binary and textual data. Not one, but two very powerful automated testing systems, unittest and pytest, will be introduced in this book. You'll get a comprehensive introduction to Python's concurrent programming ecosystem.
By the end of the book, you will have thoroughly learned object-oriented principles using Python syntax and be able to create robust and reliable programs confidently.
What you will learn
- Implement objects in Python by creating classes and defining methods
- Grasp common concurrency techniques and pitfalls in Python 3
- Extend class functionality using inheritance
- Understand when to use object-oriented features, and more importantly when not to use them
- Discover what design patterns are and why they are different in Python
- Uncover the simplicity of unit testing and why it's so important in Python
- Explore concurrent object-oriented programming
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now