Programming Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Sixth Edition
Build customized business applications with the latest tools in Dynamics 365 Business Central
About the Book
Explore the fundamentals of Dynamics 365 Business Central and the Visual Studio Code development environment with the help of useful examples and case studies
- Tailor your applications to best suit the needs of your business
- Explore the latest features of Business Central with examples curated by industry experts
- Integrate Business Central features in your applications with this comprehensive guide
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a full ERP business solution suite with a robust set of development tools to support customization and enhancement. These tools can be used to tailor Business Central's in-built applications to support complete management functions for finance, supply chain, manufacturing, and operations.
Using a case study approach, this book will introduce you to Dynamics 365 Business Central and Visual Studio Code development tools to help you become a productive Business Central developer. You'll also learn how to evaluate a product's development capabilities and manage Business Central-based development and implementation. You'll explore application structure, the construction of and uses for each object type, and how it all fits together to build apps that meet special business requirements.
By the end of this book, you'll understand how to design and develop high-quality software using the Visual Studio Code development environment, the AL language paired with the improved editor, patterns, and features.
What you will learn
- Programming using the AL language in the Visual Studio Code development environment
- Explore functional design and development using AL
- How to build interactive pages and learn how to extract data for users
- How to use best practices to design and develop modifications for new functionality integrated with the standard Business Central software
- Become familiar with deploying the broad range of components available in a Business Central system
- Create robust, viable systems to address specific business requirements
Who this book is for
If you want to learn about Dynamics 365 Business Central's powerful and extensive built-in development capabilities, this is the book for you. ERP consultants and managers of Business Central development will also find this book helpful. Although you aren't expected to have worked with Dynamics Business Central, basic understanding of programming and familiarity with business application software will help you understand the concepts covered in this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now