OpenCV 4 with Python Blueprints Second Edition
Build creative computer vision projects with the latest version of OpenCV 4 and Python 3
About the Book
Get to grips with traditional computer vision algorithms and deep learning approaches, and build real-world applications with OpenCV and other machine learning frameworks
- Understand how to capture high-quality image data, detect and track objects, and process the actions of animals or humans
- Implement your learning in different areas of computer vision
- Explore advanced concepts in OpenCV such as machine learning, artificial neural network, and augmented reality
OpenCV is a native cross-platform C++ library for computer vision, machine learning, and image processing. It is increasingly being adopted in Python for development. This book will get you hands-on with a wide range of intermediate to advanced projects using the latest version of the framework and language, OpenCV 4 and Python 3.8, instead of only covering the core concepts of OpenCV in theoretical lessons. This updated second edition will guide you through working on independent hands-on projects that focus on essential OpenCV concepts such as image processing, object detection, image manipulation, object tracking, and 3D scene reconstruction, in addition to statistical learning and neural networks.
You’ll begin with concepts such as image filters, Kinect depth sensor, and feature matching. As you advance, you’ll not only get hands-on with reconstructing and visualizing a scene in 3D but also learn to track visually salient objects. The book will help you further build on your skills by demonstrating how to recognize traffic signs and emotions on faces. Later, you’ll understand how to align images, and detect and track objects using neural networks.
By the end of this OpenCV Python book, you’ll have gained hands-on experience and become proficient at developing advanced computer vision apps according to specific business needs.
What you will learn
- Generate real-time visual effects using filters and image manipulation techniques such as dodging and burning
- Recognize hand gestures in real-time and perform hand-shape analysis based on the output of a Microsoft Kinect sensor
- Learn feature extraction and feature matching to track arbitrary objects of interest
- Reconstruct a 3D real-world scene using 2D camera motion and camera reprojection techniques
- Detect faces using a cascade classifier and identify emotions in human faces using multilayer perceptrons
- Classify, localize, and detect objects with deep neural networks
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate-level OpenCV users who are looking to enhance their skills by developing advanced applications. Familiarity with OpenCV concepts and Python libraries, and basic knowledge of the Python programming language are assumed.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now