Okta Administration: Up and Running
Implement enterprise-grade identity and access management for on-premises and cloud apps
About the Book
Plan, design, and implement identity and access management solutions with Okta
- Learn how to use Okta for complete identity and access management in your organization
- Use single sign-on, multifactor authentication, and life cycle management for enhanced security
- Set up, manage, and audit API access policies
IAM, short for identity and access management, is a set of policies and technologies for ensuring the security of an organization through careful role and access assignment for users and devices. With this book, you’ll get up and running with Okta, an identity and access management (IAM) service that you can use for both employees and customers.
Once you’ve understood how Okta can be used as an IAM platform, you’ll learn about the Universal Directory, which covers how to integrate other directories and applications and set up groups and policies. As you make progress, the book explores Okta’s single sign-on (SSO) feature and multifactor authentication (MFA) solutions. Finally, you will delve into API access management and discover how you can leverage Advanced Server Access for your cloud servers and Okta Access Gateway for your on-premises applications.
By the end of this Okta book, you’ll have learned how to implement Okta to enhance your organization's security and be able to use this book as a reference guide for the Okta certification exam.
What you will learn
- Understand different types of users in Okta and how to place them in groups
- Set up SSO and MFA rules to secure your IT environment
- Get to grips with the basics of end-user functionality and customization
- Find out how provisioning and synchronization with applications work
- Explore API management, Access Gateway, and Advanced Server Access
- Become well-versed in the terminology used by IAM professionals
Who this book is for
If you are an IT consultant, business decision-maker, system administrator, system and security engineer, or anyone who wishes to use Okta to plan, design, and implement identity and access management solutions, this book is for you. A basic understanding of authentication and authorization is necessary.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now