Mobile Development with .NET
Mobile Development with .NET
About the Book
A mobile applications development masterclass for .NET and C# developers
- Uncover the new features and capabilities of the .NET 5 framework in this updated and improved second edition
- Optimize the time required to develop highly performant cross-platform applications
- Understand the architectural patterns and best practices for mobile application development
Are you a .NET developer who wishes to develop mobile solutions without delving into the complexities of a mobile development platform? If so, this book is a perfect solution to help you build professional mobile apps without leaving the .NET ecosystem.
Mobile Development with .NET will show you how to design, architect, and develop robust mobile applications for multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and UWP using Xamarin, .NET Core, and Azure.
With the help of real-world scenarios, you'll explore different phases of application development using Xamarin, from environment setup, design, and architecture to publishing. Throughout the book, you'll learn how to develop mobile apps using Xamarin and .NET Standard. You'll even be able to implement a web-based backend composed of microservices with .NET Core using various Azure services including, but not limited to, Azure Active Directory, Azure Functions. As you advance, you'll create data stores using popular database technologies such as Cosmos DB and data models such as the relational model and NoSQL.
By the end of this mobile application development book, you'll be able to create cross-platform mobile applications that can be deployed as cloud-based PaaS and SaaS.
What you will learn
- Discover the latest features of .NET 5 that can be used in mobile application development
- Explore Xamarin.Forms Shell for building cross-platform mobile UIs
- Understand the technical design requirements of a consumer mobile app
- Get to grips with advanced mobile development concepts such as app data management, push notifications, and graph APIs
- Manage app data with Entity Framework Core
- Use Microsoft’s Project Rome for creating cross-device experiences with Xamarin
- Become well-versed with implementing machine learning in your mobile apps
Who this book is for
This book is for ASP.NET Core developers who want to get started with mobile development using Xamarin and other Microsoft technologies. Working knowledge of C# programming is necessary to get started.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now