Metaprogramming with Python
Metaprogramming with Python
About the Book
A practical approach to metaprogramming with real-world examples that enables the development of advanced frameworks, libraries, and applications using Python
- Learn applied metaprogramming through a simple step-by-step approach
- Work with easily understandable examples and explanations that take you deep into the theory of metaprogramming
- Get practical experience in writing reusable code with real-world examples
Effective and reusable code makes your application development process seamless and easily maintainable. With Python, you will have access to advanced metaprogramming features that you can use to build high-performing applications.
The book starts by introducing you to the need and applications of metaprogramming, before navigating the fundamentals of object-oriented programming. Next, you will learn about simple decorators, work with metaclasses, and later focus on introspection and reflection. You’ll also delve into generics and typing before defining templates for algorithms. As you progress, you will understand your code using abstract syntax trees and explore method resolution order. This Python book also shows you how to create your own dynamic objects before structuring the objects through design patterns. Finally, you will learn simple code-generation techniques along with discovering best practices and eventually building your own applications.
By the end of this learning journey, you’ll have acquired the skills and confidence you need to design and build reusable high-performing applications that can solve real-world problems.
What you will learn
- Understand the programming paradigm of metaprogramming and its need
- Revisit the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Define decorators and work with metaclasses
- Employ introspection and reflection on your code
- Apply generics, typing, and templates to enhance your code
- Get to grips with the structure of your code through abstract syntax trees and the behavior through method resolution order
- Create dynamic objects and generate dynamic code
- Understand various design patterns and best practices
Who this book is for
If you are an intermediate-level Python programmer looking to enhance your coding skills by developing reusable and advanced frameworks, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Python programming will help you get the most out of this learning journey.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now