MATLAB and Simulink In-Depth
Model-based Design with Simulink and Stateflow, User Interface, Scripting, Simulation, Visualization and Debugging
About the Book
Model-based Development: Beginner’s Approach
● Includes numerous practical examples and troubleshooting hints on using Simulink
● An extensive development guide on MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow principles.
● Effective instructions for passing MATLAB modeling interviews and examinations
MATLAB and Simulink In-Depth' is a thorough introduction to MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow principles. It establishes a solid foundation for methodologies commonly employed in model-based development. The book demonstrates how readers can perform algorithm construction and assessment faster than ever. The book covers most contemporary issues with real-world examples.
The book begins with MATLAB experience by configuring the system environment. Then, it will help readers to get acquainted with MATLAB's history and key features. The book helps in getting familiar with the desktop user interface and fundamental instructions of MATLAB, as well as data visualization. It helps to investigate Simulink's core features, configuration settings, and libraries. It explains the step-by-step process to design and simulate a basic Simulink model. It also helps to investigate advanced modeling techniques, including custom libraries, model referencing, and subsystems. In addition, the book explains the construction of test environments and model simulation. It explores Stateflow topics such as flow graphs, hierarchical models, conditions, actions, and transitions.
What you will learn
● Work with MATLAB syntax, commands, functions, and libraries and with the user interface and visualization.
● Create fundamental models, configure model parameters, and utilize libraries.
● Perform model referencing, simulation, visualization and debugging with Simulink.
● Familiarize yourself with Stateflow, flow graph, Statechart, truth table, including states, actions, transitions and junctions.
● Implement the hierarchical state model, perform event-based execution, parsing, and debugging operations.
Who this book is for
This book has been prepared keeping in mind the needs of students, teachers, researchers, professionals as well as technology enthusiasts. This book has been written primarily for beginners to help them realize the essential principles and capabilities of MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow. After reading this book, the reader will have a solid foundation of Model-based design and Simulation. Having basic programming skills will make the learning process more efficient and fun.
Table of Contents
Section I: MATLAB
1. Introduction to MATLAB
2. MATLAB Desktop Interface
3. MATLAB Basics
4. Programming basics, control flow and Visualization
Section II: Simulink
5. Introduction to Simulink
6. Simulink Editor with Environment
7. Library Browser Overview
8. Configuration Parameter Settings
9. Advanced Modelling Techniques- I
10. Advanced Modelling Techniques- II
Section III: Stateflow
11. Getting started with Stateflow
12. Flow Graph
13. Statechart and Hierarchical State Model
14. Event-Based Execution
15. Stateflow Parsing and Debugging
BPB is Asia's largest publishers of Computer & IT books. For the last 63 years BPB has been a friend, philosopher and guide for programmers, developers, hardware technicians, IT Professionals who have made things happen in the IT World.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now