Mastering Azure Serverless Computing
A practical guide to building and deploying enterprise-grade serverless applications using Azure Functions
About the Book
Become an expert in implementing Azure Functions to work seamlessly with your serverless applications
- Develop scalable, robust multi-tier apps without worrying about infrastructure needs
- Deploy and manage cost-effective and highly available serverless apps using Azure Functions
- Accelerate enterprise-level application development by seamlessly integrating different cloud services with Azure Functions
Application development has evolved from traditional monolithic app development to using serverless options and microservices. This book is designed to guide you through using Microsoft's Azure Functions to process data, integrate systems, and build simple APIs and microservices.
You will discover how to apply serverless computing to speed up deployment and reduce downtime. You'll also explore Azure Functions, including its core functionalities and essential tools, along with understanding how to debug and even customize Azure Functions. In addition to this, the book will take you through how you can effectively implement DevOps and automation in your working environment. Toward the concluding chapters, you'll cover some quick tips, troubleshooting techniques, and real-world serverless use cases that will help you make the most of serverless computing.
By the end of this book, you will have gained the skills you need to develop and deliver cost-effective Azure serverless solutions.
What you will learn
- Create and deploy advanced Azure Functions
- Learn to extend the runtime of Azure Functions
- Orchestrate your logic through code or a visual workflow
- Add caching, security, routing, and filtering to your APIs
- Use serverless technologies in real-world scenarios
- Understand how to apply DevOps and automation to your working environment
Who this book is for
This book is designed for cloud administrators, architects, and developers interested in building scalable systems and deploying serverless applications with Azure Functions. Prior knowledge of core Microsoft Azure services and Azure Functions is necessary to understand the topics covered in this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now