Mastering Malware Analysis
The complete malware analyst's guide to combating malicious software, APT, cybercrime, and IoT attacks
About the Book
Master malware analysis to protect your systems from getting infected
- Set up and model solutions, investigate malware, and prevent it from occurring in future
- Learn core concepts of dynamic malware analysis, memory forensics, decryption, and much more
- A practical guide to developing innovative solutions to numerous malware incidents
With the ever-growing proliferation of technology, the risk of encountering malicious code or malware has also increased. Malware analysis has become one of the most trending topics in businesses in recent years due to multiple prominent ransomware attacks. Mastering Malware Analysis explains the universal patterns behind different malicious software types and how to analyze them using a variety of approaches. You will learn how to examine malware code and determine the damage it can possibly cause to your systems to ensure that it won't propagate any further. Moving forward, you will cover all aspects of malware analysis for the Windows platform in detail. Next, you will get to grips with obfuscation and anti-disassembly, anti-debugging, as well as anti-virtual machine techniques. This book will help you deal with modern cross-platform malware. Throughout the course of this book, you will explore real-world examples of static and dynamic malware analysis, unpacking and decrypting, and rootkit detection. Finally, this book will help you strengthen your defenses and prevent malware breaches for IoT devices and mobile platforms. By the end of this book, you will have learned to effectively analyze, investigate, and build innovative solutions to handle any malware incidents.
What you will learn
- Explore widely used assembly languages to strengthen your reverse-engineering skills
- Master different executable file formats, programming languages, and relevant APIs used by attackers
- Perform static and dynamic analysis for multiple platforms and file types
- Get to grips with handling sophisticated malware cases
- Understand real advanced attacks, covering all stages from infiltration to hacking the system
- Learn to bypass anti-reverse engineering techniques
Who this book is for
If you are an IT security administrator, forensic analyst, or malware researcher looking to secure against malicious software or investigate malicious code, this book is for you. Prior programming experience and a fair understanding of malware attacks and investigation is expected.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now