Mastering Go - Third Edition
About the Book
Master key features of Go, including advanced concepts like concurrency and working with JSON, to create and optimize real-world services, network servers, and clients
- This third edition of the bestselling guide to advanced Go programming has been overhauled and expanded to cover RESTful servers, the WebSocket protocol, and Go generics
- Use real-world exercises to build high-performance network servers and powerful command line utilities
- Packed with practical examples and utilities to apply to your own development work and administrative tasks
- Get clear explanations about Go nuances and features to simplify Go development
Mastering Go is the essential guide to putting Go to work on real production systems. This freshly updated third edition includes topics like creating RESTful servers and clients, understanding Go generics, and developing gRPC servers and clients.
This essential Go programming book will also take you through the nuances and idioms of Go with exercises and resources to fully embed your newly acquired knowledge.
With the help of Mastering Go, you’ll become an expert Go programmer by building Go systems and implementing advanced Go techniques in your projects.
What you will learn
- Use Go in production
- Write reliable, high-performance concurrent code
- Manipulate data structures including slices, arrays, maps, and pointers
- Develop reusable packages with reflection and interfaces
- Become familiar with generics for effective Go programming
- Create concurrent RESTful servers, and build gRPC clients and servers
- Define Go structures for working with JSON data
Who this book is for
You’ll need to know the basics of Go before you get started with this book, but beyond that, anyone can sink their teeth into it. It’s written primarily for Go programmers who have a bit of experience with the language and want to become expert practitioners.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now