Mastering Active Directory Second Edition
Deploy and secure infrastructures with Active Directory, Windows Server 2016, and PowerShell
About the Book
Become an expert at managing enterprise identity infrastructure by leveraging Active Directory
- Explore the new features in Active Directory Domain Service
- Manage your Active Directory services for Windows Server 2016 effectively
- Automate administrative tasks in Active Directory using PowerShell Core 6.x
Active Directory (AD) is a centralized and standardized system that automates networked management of user data, security, and distributed resources and enables inter-operation with other directories.
This book will first help you brush up on the AD architecture and fundamentals, before guiding you through core components, such as sites, trust relationships, objects, and attributes. You will then explore AD schemas, LDAP, RMS, and security best practices to understand objects and components and how they can be used effectively. Next, the book will provide extensive coverage of AD Domain Services and Federation Services for Windows Server 2016, and help you explore their new features. Furthermore, you will learn to manage your identity infrastructure for a hybrid cloud setup. All this will help you design, plan, deploy, manage operations, and troubleshoot your enterprise identity infrastructure in a secure and effective manner. You’ll later discover Azure AD Module, and learn to automate administrative tasks using PowerShell cmdlets. All along, this updated second edition will cover content based on the latest version of Active Directory, PowerShell 5.1 and LDAP.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well versed with best practices and troubleshooting techniques for improving security and performance in identity infrastructures.
What you will learn
- Design your Hybrid AD environment by evaluating business and technology requirements
- Protect sensitive data in a hybrid environment using Azure Information Protection
- Explore advanced functionalities of the schema
- Learn about Flexible Single Master Operation (FSMO) roles and their placement
- Install and migrate Active Directory from older versions to Active Directory 2016
- Control users, groups, and devices effectively
- Design your OU structure in the most effective way
- Integrate Azure AD with Active Directory Domain Services for a hybrid setup
Who this book is for
If you are an Active Directory administrator, system administrator, or network professional who has basic knowledge of Active Directory and is looking to become an expert in this topic, this book is for you.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now