Machine Learning with Scala Quick Start Guide
Leverage popular machine learning algorithms and techniques and implement them in Scala
About the Book
Supervised and unsupervised machine learning made easy in Scala with this quick-start guide.
- Construct and deploy machine learning systems that learn from your data and give accurate predictions
- Unleash the power of Spark ML along with popular machine learning algorithms to solve complex tasks in Scala.
- Solve hands-on problems by combining popular neural network architectures such as LSTM and CNN using Scala with DeepLearning4j library
Scala is a highly scalable integration of object-oriented nature and functional programming concepts that make it easy to build scalable and complex big data applications. This book is a handy guide for machine learning developers and data scientists who want to develop and train effective machine learning models in Scala.
The book starts with an introduction to machine learning, while covering deep learning and machine learning basics. It then explains how to use Scala-based ML libraries to solve classification and regression problems using linear regression, generalized linear regression, logistic regression, support vector machine, and Naïve Bayes algorithms.
It also covers tree-based ensemble techniques for solving both classification and regression problems. Moving ahead, it covers unsupervised learning techniques, such as dimensionality reduction, clustering, and recommender systems. Finally, it provides a brief overview of deep learning using a real-life example in Scala.
What you will learn
- Get acquainted with JVM-based machine learning libraries for Scala such as Spark ML and Deeplearning4j
- Learn RDDs, DataFrame, and Spark SQL for analyzing structured and unstructured data
- Understand supervised and unsupervised learning techniques with best practices and pitfalls
- Learn classification and regression analysis with linear regression, logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, support vector machine, and tree-based ensemble techniques
- Learn effective ways of clustering analysis with dimensionality reduction techniques
- Learn recommender systems with collaborative filtering approach
- Delve into deep learning and neural network architectures
Who this book is for
This book is for machine learning developers looking to train machine learning models in Scala without spending too much time and effort. Some fundamental knowledge of Scala programming and some basics of statistics and linear algebra is all you need to get started with this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now