Machine Learning with BigQuery ML
Machine Learning with BigQuery ML
About the Book
Manage different business scenarios with the right machine learning technique using Google's highly scalable BigQuery ML
- Gain a clear understanding of AI and machine learning services on GCP, learn when to use these, and find out how to integrate them with BigQuery ML
- Leverage SQL syntax to train, evaluate, test, and use ML models
- Discover how BigQuery works and understand the capabilities of BigQuery ML using examples
BigQuery ML enables you to easily build machine learning (ML) models with SQL without much coding. This book will help you to accelerate the development and deployment of ML models with BigQuery ML.
The book starts with a quick overview of Google Cloud and BigQuery architecture. You'll then learn how to configure a Google Cloud project, understand the architectural components and capabilities of BigQuery, and find out how to build ML models with BigQuery ML. The book teaches you how to use ML using SQL on BigQuery. You'll analyze the key phases of a ML model's lifecycle and get to grips with the SQL statements used to train, evaluate, test, and use a model. As you advance, you'll build a series of use cases by applying different ML techniques such as linear regression, binary and multiclass logistic regression, k-means, ARIMA time series, deep neural networks, and XGBoost using practical use cases. Moving on, you'll cover matrix factorization and deep neural networks using BigQuery ML's capabilities. Finally, you'll explore the integration of BigQuery ML with other Google Cloud Platform components such as AI Platform Notebooks and TensorFlow along with discovering best practices and tips and tricks for hyperparameter tuning and performance enhancement.
By the end of this BigQuery book, you'll be able to build and evaluate your own ML models with BigQuery ML.
What you will learn
- Discover how to prepare datasets to build an effective ML model
- Forecast business KPIs by leveraging various ML models and BigQuery ML
- Build and train a recommendation engine to suggest the best products for your customers using BigQuery ML
- Develop, train, and share a BigQuery ML model from previous parts with AI Platform Notebooks
- Find out how to invoke a trained TensorFlow model directly from BigQuery
- Get to grips with BigQuery ML best practices to maximize your ML performance
Who this book is for
This book is for data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, and anyone looking to get started with Google's BigQuery ML. You'll also find this book useful if you want to accelerate the development of ML models or if you are a business user who wants to apply ML in an easy way using SQL. Basic knowledge of BigQuery and SQL is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now