Live Longer with AI
How artificial intelligence is helping us extend our healthspan and live better too
About the Book
A wakeup call that shows us how to live our best and longest lives through the power of AI
- Discover how the latest cutting-edge developments in health and AI are helping us live longer, healthier, and better lives
- Personalize your health, wealth and well-being using technology best suited to help you plan and build up your assets for a multi-stage life
- Understand how we can live our best lives in a post-COVID-19 world and equip ourselves for the next pandemic using technology
Live Longer with AI examines how the latest cutting-edge developments are helping us to live longer, healthier and better too. It compels us to stop thinking that health is about treating disease and start regarding it as our greatest personal and societal asset to protect.
The book discusses the impact that AI has on understanding the cellular basis of aging and how our genes are influenced by our environment – with the pandemic highlighting the interconnectedness of human and planetary health.
Author Tina Woods, founder and CEO of Collider Health and Collider Science, and the co-founder of Longevity International, has curated a panel of deeply insightful interviews with some of today’s brightest and most innovative thought leaders at the crossroads of health, technology and society.
Read what leading experts in health and technology are saying about the book:
"This is a handbook for the revolution!"
—Sir Muir Gray, Director, Optimal Ageing
"You can live longer and be happier if you make some changes – that is the theme of this book. Well-written and compelling."
—Ben Page, CEO, Ipsos Mori
"Tina's book is a must-read for those who want to discover the future of health."
—José Luis Cordeiro, Fellow, World Academy of Art & Science; Director, The Millennium Project; Vice Chair, Humanity Plus; Co-Author of The Death of Death
About the consultant editor
Melissa Ream is a leading health and care strategist in the UK, leveraging user-driven design and artificial intelligence to design systems and support people to live healthier, longer lives.
What you will learn
- Discover how AI is changing the way we understand the wider determinants of health, how the environment influences our genes and why the solutions for living longer are linked to living greener
- Inform your perspective on how technology can deal with the health emergency in front of us – by minimizing health and wealth inequalities
- Learn why our “life data” is so important and how sharing it will help us develop aging “bio-markers”, enabling us to predict and manage dementia and other chronic diseases of aging
- Find out how scientists and doctors are using AI to find a vaccine for Covid-19, make us more resilient to future pandemic threats and pre-empt the next outbreak
Who this book is for
Professionals and general readers with an interest in learning how technology can and is being used to change our approach to aging and help us live longer and healthier lives. No prior knowledge of or experience with artificial intelligence is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now