Understand the fundamentals of C# programming and get started with coding from ground up in an engaging and practical manner
- Beginner's guide to getting started with software development concepts from a macro level
- Leverage the power of the latest C# in solving the complex programming problems
- Learn to script and customize your 3D games and implement animation techniques to make them engaging
Learning to program in today’s technical landscape can be a daunting task, especially when faced with the sheer number of languages you have to choose from. Luckily, Learning C# with Unity 2019 removes the guesswork and starts you off on the path to becoming a confident, and competent, programmer using game development with Unity.
You’ll start off small by learning the building blocks of programming, from variables, methods, and conditional statements to classes and object-oriented systems. After you have the basics under your belt you’ll explore the Unity interface, creating C# scripts, and translating your newfound knowledge into simple game mechanics.
Throughout this journey, you’ll get hands-on experience with programming best practices and macro-level topics such as manager classes and flexible application architecture. By the end of the book, you’ll be familiar with intermediate C# topics like generics, delegates, and events, setting you up to take on projects of your own.
What you will learn
- Understand programming fundamentals with practice examples in C#
- Explore the interface and features of Unity 2019
- Learn C# programming syntax from scratch
- Create a game design document and prototype level
- Explore intermediate programming topics and best practices
- Implement game mechanics, interactions, and UI elements with C#
Who this book is for
The book caters to developers and programmers who want to get started with C# programming in a fun and engaging manner. Anyone who wants to build games and script in C# language and Unity can take this book up. No prior programming or Unity experience is required.