Learning R Programming
Become an efficient data scientist with R
About the Book
R is a high-level functional language and one of the must-know tools for data science and statistics. Powerful but complex, R can be challenging for beginners and those unfamiliar with its unique behaviors. Learning R Programming is the solution - an easy and practical way to learn R and develop a broad and consistent understanding of the language. Through hands-on examples you'll discover powerful R tools, and R best practices that will give you a deeper understanding of working with data. You'll get to grips with R's data structures and data processing techniques, as well as the most popular R packages to boost your productivity from the offset.
Start with the basics of R, then dive deep into the programming techniques and paradigms to make your R code excel. Advance quickly to a deeper understanding of R's behavior as you learn common tasks including data analysis, databases, web scraping, high performance computing, and writing documents. By the end of the book, you'll be a confident R programmer adept at solving problems with the right techniques.
- Explore the R language from basic types and data structures to advanced topics
- Learn how to tackle programming problems and explore both functional and object-oriented programming techniques
- Learn how to address the core problems of programming in R and leverage the most popular packages for common tasks
- Explore the basic functions in R and familiarize yourself with common data structures
- Work with data in R using basic functions of statistics, data mining, data visualization, root solving, and optimization
- Get acquainted with R’s evaluation model with environments and meta-programming techniques with symbol, call, formula, and expression
- Get to grips with object-oriented programming in R: including the S3, S4, RC, and R6 systems
- Access relational databases such as SQLite and non-relational databases such as MongoDB and Redis
- Get to know high performance computing techniques such as parallel computing and Rcpp
- Use web scraping techniques to extract information
- Create RMarkdown, an interactive app with Shiny, DiagramR, interactive charts, ggvis, and more
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now