Learn TypeScript 3 by Building Web Applications
Gain a solid understanding of TypeScript, Angular, Vue, React, and NestJS
About the Book
Learn TypeScript and many of its features by building state of art web applications from scratch with the help of modern tooling, frameworks, and libraries
- Create modern Web applications to help businesses around the world benefit from better quality applications
- Learn the latest features of TypeScript 3 and use them wisely
- Explore TDD practices, OOP techniques, and industry best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
This book is a practical guide to learn the TypeScript programming language. It covers from the very basics to the more advanced concepts, while explaining many design patterns, techniques, frameworks, libraries and tools along the way. You will also learn a ton about modern web frameworks like Angular, Vue.js and React, and you will build cool web applications using those. This book also covers modern front-end development tooling such as Node.js, npm, yarn, Webpack, Parcel, Jest, and many others. Throughout the book, you will also discover and make use of the most recent additions of the language introduced by TypeScript 3 such as new types enforcing explicit checks, flexible and scalable ways of project structuring, and many more breaking changes.
By the end of this book, you will be ready to use TypeScript in your own projects and will also have a concrete view of the current frontend software development landscape.
What you will learn
- Understand and take advantage of TypeScript's powerful Type System
- Grasp the key concepts and features of Angular, React, Vue.js, and NestJS
- Handle asynchronous processes using Promises, async/await, Fetch, RxJS, and more
- Delve into REST, GraphQL and create APIs using Apollo
- Discover testing concepts, techniques, and tools like TDD, BDD, E2E, Jest
- Learn Object-Oriented and Functional Programming concepts and leverage those with TypeScript
- Explore design practices and patterns such as SOLID, MVC, DI and IoC, LoD, AOP, and more
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now